SCOR Panel on New Technologies for Observing Marine Life
Note: This Panel was formerly SCOR Working Group 118 on New Technologies for Observing Marine Life. It became a SCOR Panel in 2004.
The Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR) Panel on New Technologies for Observing Marine Life monitors and recommends cutting-edge marine technologies that are mature enough to become routinely useful in the CoML’s field projects. The Panel is headquartered at the National Institute of Oceanography in India.
SCOR Technology Panel website.
- Alex Rogers (Chair), UK (DNA, seamounts)
- Elgar De Sa, India (optics, small AUVs)
- John Gunn, Australia (electronic tags)
- Geoff Arnold, UK (elecronic accoustic tags)
- Song Sun, China (image analysis)
- Gaby Gorsky, France (zooplankton imaging, optics)
- Antonio Pascoal, Portugal (AUVs, ASVs – large & small)
- Heidi Sosik, USA (bio-optics)
- David Farmer, USA (acoustics)
- Bob Ward, Australia (DNA barcodes)
- William Karp (Liaison to ICES)
- Peter Pissierssens (Liaison to IOC)
Ed Urban, SCOR Executive Director
Lima Meeting Report, 28-30 October 2002, Lima, Peru
MdP Meeting Report, 27 October 2001, Mar del Plata, Argentina
SCOR Working Group 118 on New Technologies for Observing Marine Life (Archival website)
For additional information on the first meeting of this group, held November 2000 in Sidney, British Columbia, Canada, please see the Working Group Web page.